Prayer for the day

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

Friday, September 11, 2009

and a sword will pierce your own heart Luke 2: 35

Then Simeon blessed them and said to his mother Mary, "This child is destined for the falling and the rising of many in Isreal, and to be a sign that will be opposed so that the inner thoughts of many will be revealed - and a sword will pierce your own soul too." Luke 2: 34-35

Mary, my Blessed Mother, oh how your soul was pierced by the sword as you suffered at the feet of your Son on the cross.

The Blessed Virgin Mary is honored and revered by Catholics. Her humility, obedience and then suffering gives us a role model of true obedience to Him. I myself ask Mary to intercess for me and my children. I know that as a, mother, Mary knows the challenges that I face, the frustration and the sorrow that I encounter. The vulnerability of the souls of my children in this world where God is dismissed is protected by the Holy Mother , who intercesses on my behalf to her Son, Jesus Christ. I pray that I have the love and strength to parent my children through all the difficulties as Mary did.

I am always almost brought to tears when I think of Mary watching her son being beaten, tortured and then crucified on the cross. But, as always God brings us grace through suffering. Mary suffered so she could finish her purification and path to holiness and be worthy of God. For she is the mother of His son. Never did she say no to Him. Maybe through my challenges and suffering as a mother I can be cleansed and purified and made worthy of God and learn obedience to God.

Agape
Abigail Ferrill

No comments:

Post a Comment