Prayer for the day

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

My heart tonight is repeating the beautiful and intimate lyrics of the song, "Set Me as a Seal" Do we not all dream of a beautiful, intimate relationship. We are so blind sometimes. We have the most incredible love off all with Christ and God and it is exquisite and the most intimate of any love we will ever know. No human is capable of the love that is found in Christ. And best of all, we are capable of love and intimacy because we are loved that way by Christ.

Set me as a seal on your heart. For strong as death is love, unyielding as the grave. Nothing will quench its flame. Kiss me, my love, that your name be on my lips. You intoxicate my being with the fragrance of your presence. How beautiful you are, my darling. Show me your face, let me hear your voice. Sweet as the dew in the early morn, like a lily among the thorns. I looked for you, the one my heart loves. I looked for you, but did not find you. I searched through the night until I rested in your sight. Now, I will never let you go. You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride; you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes. Your lips so sweet, adorned with honey. My hands, they drip with myrrh. Set me as a seal on your heart. For strong as death is love, unyielding as the grave. Nothing will quench its flame.

No comments:

Post a Comment