Prayer for the day

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Days like today!

Today, I am tired. I am usually tired after being up all day with the boys and then up all night at work. I come home walk the dog, feed the kids and then collapse and go comatose for 3-4 hours. I wake up and get going with the day. Homeschooling, preparing meals and then heading off to work again. It drains me physically, and I become prone to bad behavior. I am grumpy, cranky and tend to be less patient. It is days like to today that I need God to work His grace in me. I am at my weakest and most human moments when I am tired, and I become more like the person I do not want to be. I have to remind myself that God is shaping me and my children. This is when surrendering is the most difficult. I don't want to change. It is easier to remain the way I am. It is easier! I do not how to change when I am tired and can barely accomplish day to day tasks, let alone, work on my spiritual formation. I know if I ask God for the strength He will give it to me. I need to listen harder and pay closer attention to the whispering in my ear. I have decided to go to prayer today and see if God can help me with being more loving and patient with my children on days like today.

God's Grace to all,
Agape
Abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment