Prayer for the day

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Whom shall I follow

I have been packing and preparing for our move to Park City, UT where my next contract is located. Will attempt to blog as frequently as possible but until I have a place to stay and get settled, approx 1 week, I am not sure if I will be able to blog. It will be nice to be close to my friend Justin. He lives in SLC and we have been friends for a long time, but distance has prevented a relationship, so being just 30 miles away, maybe we will have a chance to find out if a relationship is a possibility. Really stressing out because there is so much to do. I think we were in Denver too long. We are a little too settled. I don't remember the move from Gallup, NM to Denver being quite so stressful and I don't remember as much stuff. well time is limited, so here is my thoughts for today. They are a little weak at the moment. I was much more inspired earlier when I had energy. But now all I can think of is sleep.

John's Gospel, "To whom shall I follow?" It is amazing how the answers are right in front of us and yet we don't hear or see them. Our blindness and deafness prevents us from knowing God. Particularly struck by how Jesus gives us the choice to follow Him. He doesn't beg us, plead with us or try to make a deal or marketing strategy to get us to be His disciples. He is a "take it or leave it" kind of guy. Either you chose to believe and follow or choose not to believe and find your own way. He doesn't ever tell us it will be an easy road to follow. He simply tells us the rewards are great and we can spend eternity with Him and the Father. My son, who has been struggling with believing, heard the word of God today and was touched by the message. He actually had a brief moment of surrendering to God, but continues to struggle. I know God is working in Him and he will know God. "As for me and my house, we will follow the Lord."

Agape,
Abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment